- Title Programming XML with C#
- Author(s) Heather Williamson
- Publisher: McGraw Hill Education
- Hardcover/Paperback: 992 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10 : 007044725X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0070447257
This complete reference covers a very broad range of topics – including XML parsers, validators, schemas, DTDs, style sheets (both XSL and CSS), namespaces, XLink, and XPointers, XBase, and XML Queries. In addition, several supporting standards, including the Resource Description Framework (RDF), XML Digital Sigs, Synchronized Markup Languages, and Scalable Vector Graphics formats are addressed. Using this book, you’ll be able to go from creating simple XML documents to developing full-fledged Web-based XML solutions.
XML holds promise for areas as diverse as data transfer, information modeling, and web deployment, so stating that any guide is “complete” will undoubtedly put the author in trouble. Williamson comes from a web background and clearly explains the “how-to” of manipulating XML on the web. However, it fails to address a myriad of other functions of the programming language (e.g., in the form of messaging syntax, in b2b applications, for application-to-application communication, with databases, etc.). not recommended.
XML: The Complete Reference covers SMIL and Math–languages used for multimedia presentations and displaying mathematical equations. Thorough, useful, and comprehensive, this is the only XML book you’ll need.
- Get an overview of the standards and requirements related to using XML
- Create organized, well-formed XML document structures
- Identify attributes and add data to your XML documents
- Use schema in XML applications to restrict values and generate reports
- Find out where and when to use style sheets, including CSS and XSL
- Extend XML Applications With XLinks, XPointers, and XQuery
- Learn how to convert HTML to XHTML
About the Author
The book is based on my professional experience and research. She is a social psychologist and focuses her consulting practice on executive advising/coaching for CEOs, Executives, and Business Owners. If you want to build your high-performing team of employees through trust, then she is your girl!
Reviews, Ratings, and Recommendations:
Read and Download Links: