Download Ruby Cookbook: Recipes for Object-Oriented Scripting pdf
- Title Ruby Cookbook: Recipes for Object-Oriented Scripting
- Author(s) Lucas Carlson, Leonard Richardson
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media
- Paperback: 992 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10 : 1449373712
- ISBN-13 : 978-1449373719
Book Description – Ruby Cookbook: Recipes for Object-Oriented Scripting
Ruby Cookbook: Recipes for Object-Oriented Scripting – When you could be making meaningful progress on your Ruby project, why waste time on coding difficulties that others have already solved? More than 350 recipes for solving common problems are included in this updated cookbook, which covers everything from basic data structures, classes, and objects to web development, distributed programming, and multithreading.
Each recipe has been updated for Ruby 2.1 and now provides a discussion of why and how the solution works. From Ruby rookies to specialists in need of a refresher, you’ll find recipes to fit all skill levels. You’ll not only save time using Ruby Cookbook, but you’ll also keep your mind churning with new ideas.
Topics Covered –
- Strings, numbers, dates and times, arrays, hashes, files and directories are all examples of data structures.
- Ruby’s code blocks, commonly known as closures, are used.
- Classes, methods, objects, and modules are all OOP features.
- Graphics and various formats, as well as XML and HTML, databases and persistence
- Rails and Sinatra web development
- The terms “internet services,” “web services,” and “distributed programming” are all used interchangeably.
- Testing, debugging, packaging, and distribution of software
- Multitasking, multithreading, and extending Ruby with other languages are all things that Ruby can do.
About the Author
Lucas Carlson is a New York Times bestselling author. He transforms his firsthand experiences as an entrepreneur and a computer programmer into gripping thrillers that are difficult to put down.
AppFog, a PaaS company that used Cloud Foundry and was acquired by CenturyLink, was founded by Lucas Carlson. Lucas has 20 years of experience as a professional developer and specializes in Ruby on Rails development. Lucas is the author of Programming for PaaS and the Ruby Cookbook and has written or contributed to a half-dozen libraries in multiple programming languages, including Rails and RedCloth.
Reviews, Ratings, and Recommendations:
Read and Download
Note : If you likes to read the soft copy of this book, and you wants to buy hard copy of this book officially from the Publisher. Buy links to this book are given. To buy this book from the official publisher click on the Buy this book button.