- Title Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS: Develop future-proof responsive websites using the latest HTML5 and CSS techniques
- Author(s) Ben Frain
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (April 30, 2020)
- Paperback : 408 pages
- Language: English
- License(s): CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
- ISBN-10 : 1839211563
- ISBN-13 : 978-1839211560
Book Description – Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS pdf
Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS – Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS, 3rd Edition is the updated and expanded edition of one of the most comprehensive and best-selling books on the latest HTML5 and CSS tools and techniques of responsive web design. In addition, you’ll gain practical knowledge of SVG, writing accessible HTML markup, creating stunning aesthetics and effects with CSS, applying transitions, transformations, and animations, integrating media queries, and much more. The book ends with the author exploring some special tips and approaches to front-end development.
Written in a friendly and casual style with the author’s signature, this version includes all the latest developments and improvements in responsive web design, including improved user accessibility, variable fonts, and font loading, CSS scroll snaps, and much more. With a new chapter dedicated to CSS Grid, you’ll understand how it differs from the Flexbox layout mechanism and when you should use one over the other. You will not only have a comprehensive understanding of responsive web design and what is possible with the latest HTML5 and CSS, but also the knowledge of how to best apply each technology.
What you will learn
- integrate CSS media queries into your designs; Apply different styles to different devices
- Load different sets of images depending on screen size or resolution
- Take advantage of the speed, semantics and clean markup of accessible HTML patterns
- Apply SVG to your design to provide resolution-independent images
- Apply the latest CSS features such as custom properties, variable fonts, and CSS Grid
- Add validation and interface elements such as date and color pickers to HTML forms
- Understand the many ways to enhance interface elements with filters, shadows, animations, and more
Are you a full-stack developer who needs to focus on your front-end skills? Perhaps you work on the front-end and need a definitive overview of all modern HTML and CSS has to offer? Maybe you’ve done a little website building but need a deep understanding of responsive web designs and how to achieve them? This is a book for you!
About The Author
Ben Frain is a web designer/developer since 1996. He currently serves as the UI-UX Technical Lead at bet365. Prior to Webb, he worked as an underrated (and modest) TV actor and technology journalist, graduating from the University of Salford with degrees in media and performance. He has written four equally short (his opinion) screenplays and still retains the (fading) belief that he can sell one. Outside of work, he enjoys simple pleasures: playing indoor football while his body and wife still allow it, and wrestling with his two sons.