- Title Programming in Go pdf
- Author(s) Mark Summerfield
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional; 1st edition (May 14, 2012)
- Paperback : 496 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10 : 0321774639
- ISBN-13 : 978-0321774637
Book Description – Programming in Go pdf
Programming in Go pdf – Today’s most exciting new programming language, Go, is designed from the ground up to help you easily take advantage of all the power of today’s multicore hardware. With this guide, leading Go programmer Mark Summerfield shows how to write code that takes full advantage of Go’s breakthrough features and idioms.
Both a tutorial and a language reference, Programming in Go brings together all the knowledge you need to evaluate Go, think in Go, and write high-performance software with Go. Summerfield presents a comparison of several idioms, showing how Go improves upon older languages, with a special focus on Go’s major innovations. Along the way, he explains everything from the absolute basics of Go through Go’s lock-free channel-based concurrency and its flexible and unusual Duck-typing type-safe approach to object-orientation.
Throughout, Summerfield’s approach is wholly pragmatic. Each chapter provides a number of live code examples designed to encourage experimentation and help you get mastered quickly. Wherever possible, complete programs and packages are presented to provide real use cases as well as exercises. Coverage includes
- Getting and installing Go quickly, and getting Go programs up and running
- Exploring Go’s syntax, features, and comprehensive standard library
- Programming Boolean Values, Expressions and Numeric Types
- Creating, comparing, indexing, slicing and formatting strings
- Understanding Go’s highly efficient built-in collection types: slices and maps
- Using Go as a Procedural Programming Language
- Exploring Go’s unusual and flexible approach to object orientation
- Mastering Go’s unique, simple and natural approach to fine-grained concurrency
- Reading and writing binary, text, JSON and XML files
- Importing and using standard library packages, custom packages, and third-party packages
- Creating custom packages, documenting, unit testing and benchmarking
About the Author
Mark Summerfield, the owner of Qtrac Ltd., is a freelance trainer, consultant, technical editor, and author specializing in Go, Python, C++, Qt, and PyQt. His books include Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt (Prentice Hall, 2007), C++ GUI Programming with Qt4 (with Jasmine Blanchett, Prentice Hall, 2008), Programming in Python 3, 2nd ed. (Addison-Wesley, 2009), and Advanced Qt Programming (Prentice Hall, 2010).