Downlod Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide pdf
- Title Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
- Author(s) Aaron Hillegass, Mikey Ward
- Publisher: Big Nerd Ranch Guides; 2nd edition
- Paperback : 325 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10 : 032194206X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0321942067
Book Description – Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide is based on Big Nerd Ranch’s renowned Objective-C Bootcamp and covers C, Objective-C, and the basic programming idioms that enable developers to make the most of Apple technology. This guide includes concise chapters and an engaging manner to keep you motivated and moving forward using Xcode 5, iOS 7, and OS X Mavericks (10.9). At the same time, as a programmer, it encourages you to think critically.
Here are some of the themes that were discussed:
- Xcode, Apple’s documentation, and other tools were used.
- Variables, loops, functions, and other programming fundamentals
- Objects, classes, methods, and messages are all types of data.
- With ARC, you can handle pointers, addresses, and memory.
- Key-Value Coding and Properties (KVC)
- Extensions to classes
- Blocks classes from the Foundation framework
- Design patterns for delegation, target-action, and notification
- Basics of Key-Value Observing (KVO) at Runtime
- Comprehensive: delves into and explains a wide range of topics, not only in Obj-C but also in iOS and OS X.
- Very well written, step-by-step, yet with a wealth of knowledge about why the code or concept works as it does.
- The chapters are well-organized and short and sweet, providing a bite-sized approach to tackling this massive (and at times scary) learning challenge. It’s possible to complete one chapter per day, gaining knowledge, understanding, and confidence in the process.
- You should complete all of the challenge exercises in each chapter. Don’t jeopardise your education by skipping them.
- Finally, BNR provides a wealth of online tools, including a discussion forum, errata, and more.
About The Author
Aaron Hillegass, a former NeXT and Apple employee, has nearly two decades of programming and teaching experience in Objective-C, Cocoa, and, more recently, iOS. Aaron is the co-author of iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide and the author of Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X. These two best-selling books have aided many people in developing and improving their programming skills. Aaron started Big Nerd Ranch in 2001 and began providing rigorous programming classes in a distraction-free atmosphere. He is now developing site designs and drawings for a new ranch in Atlanta, Georgia.
Mikey Ward is a Big Nerd Ranch senior iOS and Cocoa instructor. Mikey also organises the Atlanta branch of CocoaHeads, a global community dedicated to discussing Apple’s frameworks for developing Mac and iOS apps.
Reviews, Ratings, and Recommendations:
Read and Download
Note : If you likes to read the soft copy of this book, and you wants to buy hard copy of this book officially from the Publisher. Buy links to this book are given. To buy this book from the official publisher click on the Buy this book button.