- Title .NET Compact Framework Programming with C# and Visual Basic .NET
- Author(s) Edmund Zehoo
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (April 30, 2010)
- Paperback 484 pages
- eBook PDF
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849690103
- ISBN-13: 978-1849690102
This book walks you through three different real-world mobile applications from head to toe to provide you with a hands-on, practical experience of using .NET CF. It provides you with code snippets (in both VB.NET and C#) from real-world business scenarios.
A summary at the end of each chapter explains how these code snippets work together as part of a larger whole. It also uses diagrams to explain basic concepts and help you decide which design patterns to use in various enterprise application scenarios.
This book is written for developers who are familiar with the basics of the .NET Compact Framework and want to build enterprise-level mobile applications. It is intended for developers who have worked with the .NET CF Framework before but want to learn how to use its advanced features and deploy lean and fast business applications.
The authors specifically zero in on what programmers need to understand for successful smart device programming, including:
- Garbage Collection in .NET Compact Framework
- Controls and Supported Properties, Methods and Events (PME)
- Custom Controls with Windows Forms Designer Support
- Using Platform Invite (p/invite)
- Simple and complex data binding and datagrid controls
- Programming with ADO.NET Data Classes
- Synchronizing SQL Server CE with a SQL Server 2000 Database
- Creating graphical output including font and printing coding tricks
- Standard Desktop Framework and CF . difference between
About the Authors
Paul Yao is the president of The Paul Yao Company, which provides educational and consulting services to software engineers on software technologies based on Microsoft Windows. He has authored/co-authored seven books on Windows programming, including the first book published on the subject with David Durant, The Programmer’s Guide to Windows (Cybex, 1987). Paul is a contributing editor to MSDN Magazine, writing regularly on topics of interest to Windows CE and Pocket PC developers.
David Durant is the principal of Durant Associates and the lead author of the Programmer’s Guide to Windows (Cybex, 1987), the first book published on the subject. David was an early proponent of .NET, contributes frequently to industry magazines and forums, and leads seminars on .NET-based technologies for corporate clients worldwide.
Preview of this Book
Reviews, Ratings, and Recommendations:
- Amazon (The Definitive Guide to the .NET Compact Framework)
- Amazon (.NET Compact Framework Programming with C#)
Read and Download Links: