- Title Mastering Swift 5
- Author(s) Jon Hoffman
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (April 30, 2019); eBook (Free Edition)
- Permission: Free eBook by the Publisher (Packt)
- Paperback 370 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10/ASIN: 1789139864
- ISBN-13: 978-1789139860
Mastering Swift 5 – This book is for developers who want to delve into the latest version of Swift. If you are a developer and learn best by watching code and working with it, then this book is for you. A basic understanding of Apple’s tools would be beneficial but not mandatory. All examples should work on the Linux platform as well.
As you progress, you’ll gain practical insight into some of the most sophisticated elements in Swift development, including protocol extensions, error handling, and closures. The book will also tell you how to use and apply them in your own projects. In subsequent chapters, you’ll understand how to harness the power of protocol-oriented programming to write flexible and easy-to-manage code in Swift. Finally, you’ll learn how to add the copy-on-write feature to your custom value types, along with an understanding of how to avoid memory management issues caused by strong reference cycles.
- Understand the main Swift components, such as operators, collections, control flows, and functions
- Know-how and when to use classes, structs, and enumerations
- Use protocol-oriented design with extensions to write easy-to-manage code
- Leverage design patterns with Swift to solve commonly occurring design problems
- Implement copy-on-write for your custom value types to improve performance
- Add Concurrency to Your Applications Using Grand Central Dispatch and Operation Queue
- Implement generics to write flexible and reusable code
About the Authors
John Hoffman has over 25 years of experience in the field of information technology. He has worked in the areas of System Administration, Network Administration, Network Security, Application Development, and Architecture. Currently, John serves as the Enterprise Software Manager for Syn-Tech Systems.
John has extensive iOS development experience and has been involved in various projects since 2008. This includes many apps published in the App Store, apps written for third parties, and many enterprise applications. He has also developed mobile applications for the Android and Windows platforms.
Reviews, Ratings, and Recommendations:
Read and Download Links: