- Title HTML5 in Action pdf
- Author(s) Rob Crowther, Joe Lennon, Ash Blue, Greg Wanish
- Publisher: Manning; 1st edition (March 23, 2014)
- Paperback : 466 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10 : 1617290491
- ISBN-13 : 978-1617290497
Book Description – HTML5 in Action pdf
HTML5 in Action pdf provides a complete introduction to web development using HTML5. It explores the HTML5 specification through real-world examples and code samples. It earns the name “in action” by giving you the practical, practical guidance you and your customers will need to confidently build the sites and applications you’ve been wanting for years.
HTML5 isn’t just some of the new tags and features added to the old standard—it is the foundation of the modern Web, which enables its interactive services, single-page UI, interactive games, and complex business applications. With support for standards-driven mobile app development, powerful features like local storage and WebSockets, great audio and video APIs, and new layout options using CSS3, SVG, and Canvas, HTML5 has entered its prime time. This book focuses on the new HTML5 features and assumes that you are familiar with standard HTML.
Table of Contents
- HTML5: from documents to applications
- Form creation: input widgets, data binding, and data validation
- File editing and management: rich formatting, file storage, drag and drop
- Messaging: communicating to and from scripts in HTML5
- Mobile applications: client storage and offline execution
- 2D Canvas: low-level, 2D graphics rendering
- SVG: responsive in-browser graphics
- Video and audio: playing media in the browser
- WebGL: 3D application development
About the Author
Rob Crowther is a web developer and blogger from London, UK, and Hello! is the author of. HTML5 and CSS3. He works for a small software company building web applications for corporate clients such as T-Mobile, BNY Mellon, Three, and Pizza Hut.
Joe Lennon is Product Manager of Mobile Applications for Core International, a leading provider of enterprise software solutions in Ireland whose clients include Vodafone, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Pepsi, and the University of Oxford.
Ash is a front-end developer for Blue Nerdy and creates award-winning interactive projects. When he’s not developing, you’ll find Ash working on independent game projects and sharing his knowledge through blogging at blueashes.com.
Greg Vanish is an independent developer of client-side web and eCommerce applications. He also designs and sells a line of graphic and message T-shirts.