- Title HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
- Author(s) Jon Duckett
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1st edition (November 8, 2011)
- Paperback : 490 pages
- Language: English
- License(s): CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
- ISBN-10 : 1118008189
- ISBN-13 : 978-1118008188
Book Description – HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites pdf
HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites – Every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS. Joining professional web designers and programmers are the new audiences who need to know a little bit of code at work (update a content management system or e-commerce store) and who want to make their personal blog more appealing. Many of the books that teach HTML and CSS are dry and written only for those who want to be programmers, which is why this book takes an entirely new approach.
- Presents HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible to everyone (amateur, student and professional) and it’s in full color.
- Uses information graphics and lifestyle photography to explain topics in a simple way that is engaging.
- Boasts a unique structure that allows you to progress through chapters from start to finish or simply dive into topics of particular interest at your leisure.
Programming books can often look intimidating and without inspiration, but they don’t have to be. We wanted to redesign the technical book and make it more accessible, relevant, and engaging to a new set of readers. The result is a book that feels more like a magazine and is enjoyable to flick through and looks like it belongs to the graphic design section rather than the programming section of the bookstore.
Whether you want to design and build websites from scratch or have more control over an existing site, this book will help you create engaging, user-friendly web content. We understand that code can be intimidating, but look inside and you’ll see how this guide differs from many traditional programming books. Each page introduces a new topic in a simple, visual way with bite-sized code samples with straightforward explanations. You’ll also get practical help on how to organize and design your site’s pages so that you can create websites that look amazing and are easy to use. No previous experience is required.
About The Author
Jon Duckett has been helping companies build innovative digital solutions for over 15 years designing and delivering web and mobile projects to small businesses and tech startups through global brands such as Diesel, Philips, Nike, Wrangler, and Xerox. During this time, he has authored and co-authored over a dozen books on web design and programming.