How to apply PAN card online
PAN Card: Pan Card means Permanent Account Number. It is a unique 10 digit number allocated to every tax-paying person / Organisation / or any company. Pan Card collects the records of all tax-related information i.e how much tax will you pay or when you pay etc. It is provided by the Income Tax Department.
PAN Card Application form:
PAN card be apply offline as well as online. In this article, we will know how to apply for PAN Card through online mode/ ekyc system. Following are the steps to apply for PAN card online.
- Open NSDL Official website in your browser or open the site www.onlineservices.nsdl.com in your browser.
- Now our PAN Card application will open in the browser and here two options are given:
- Apply Online
- Registered User
- We are applying for a new PAN card that’s why click on apply online button and fill the form.
- Now fill the form as “new PAN Indian citizen (form 49A)” and select the category as an individual.
- Now move on to the applicant information. Here fill the basic informations of the applicant like First name, Middle name, last name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and mobile number.
- Tick this box after reading this information very carefully.
- Now fill the captcha code given below and click on the submit button.
- When you click on the Submit button, a new page will open where you got your token number.
- Copy your token number as reference and click on the “Continue with PAN Application form”.
- Now a new form will open where you have to fill your personal details. Firstly, It will ask you to how to submit your PAN Documents i.e.
- Submit digitally through e-kyc & e-sign
- Submit scanned image through e-sign
- Forward application documents physically.
- You have to choose the first option because we are using the Aadhar card to submit our documents.
- Now it asked from you that you want physical PAN card or not. You have to click on “Yes fee applicable” option.
- Now you have to fill your Aadhar details. Fill the last four digit of your Aadhar card in the given box.
- In the next line, it asked from you that they are using your Aadhar Card photo in the PAN card. Click on the “Yes ” option to continue.
- Now check the entered information of the applicant. If anything wrong change that information otherwise choose the gender of applicant and continue.
- Now fill the parents details as you want to print in your PAN card.
- Fill the first name and last name of your father/mother. Now select the details as father name or mother name as you fill the information and click on the Next button.
- A new page will open where you have to fill your contact and other details of the applicant.
- Now select your source of income according to your occupation. Like if you are salaried person check salary box or if you are a student or housewife than click on no income box.
- Now it asked to fill your residence address but you don’t have to fill any details of your address. Because it automatically detect your residence address from your Aadhar card.
- In the next step, you have to fill the country code, area code, mobile number of the applicant. After filling this information click on the Next button.
- A new form will open where they asked to submit your AO code(Assessing Officer’s code).
- Now to fill the AO code form, you have to click on Indian citizen then select your state and your city.
- According to your city, All AO codes of your city or village will be displayed in the below box. You have to choose any one of them which is close to your residence.
- After filling the AO code form, Click on next button.
- Now a new Documents details page will open.
- In this section, you don’t have to submit any of your documents. It will automatically detected from your Aadhar card.
- Now in the declaration section, Check your name then select the column as himself/herself. Type the name of your city/village and then click on submit button.
- On clicking the submit button, your application has been successfully submitted. A new page will open which says to verify the completed application and confirm.
- Now in the personal details section, you have to submit first eight-digits of your Aadhar card.
- After adding the Aadhar number, You have to verify your form that all the information that you have given in this form is correct.
- If everything seems to be right, click on proceed button.
- Now a payment gateway page will be open where you have to choose your preferred payment method and pay Rs107.
- After successful payment you got the receipt of your payment with transaction id, payment amount, and bank reference number written on it.
- Click on continue for further process.
- Now you have to authenticate your Aadhar card.
- To Authenticate Aadhar, read carefully the terms to use Aadhar number and check that box and click on the Authentication button.
- On clicking the authenticate button, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number which is registered in your Aadhar card.
- A new page will open, and ask to “Continue with e-kyc”. Click on that button to complete Authentication.
- Now OTP verification page will open. Here enter the OTP that has received on your registered mobile number. Enter the submit button.
- One of the authentication is completed. Now another page will be open and ask to “Continue to e-sign“.
- Click on “Continue to e-sign button”. You will be redirected to NSDL Aadhar verification page.
- Now read the terms and conditions regarding the use of Aadhar card in your PAN authentication and check the “I hereby authorize” button.
- Next enter your Aadhar number in the required column and click on send OTP button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter your OTP and click on verify button.
- Now your Aadhar has been successfully verified, also your PAN has been applied successfully. A thank you message has been displayed on your screen.
- Here you got Acknowledgement pdf. You just need to download this pdf and take the print out.
- When you download your Acknowledgement form, it is password protected. You has to fill your date of birth in the password section.
PAN card Status:
To check the status of your PAN card, Follow the simple steps below:-
- Open your browser and type the official NSDL site https://tin.tin.nsdl.com
- Now select your application type as PAN – New/change request.
- Now enter your 15 digit Acknowledgement number and fill the Recaptcha below.
- Enter the submit button and continue.
- When you click on the submit button, it will display all the information regarding your PAN card i.e. Either your PAN will be delivered or is on the way or Your PAN card has been rejected etc.
If you have any queries regarding this article, tell me in the comment section. I will definitely give the answer of your problem.