Exam Pattern for GATE 2021
There are mainly two sections in GATE question paper.
- General Aptitude
- Technical and Engineering Mathematics
General Aptitude –
- There are total 10 questions in general aptitude section.
- First 5 question carry 1 marks each.
- Next 5 questions carry 2 marks each, Therefore, the total marks for this section will be 15 marks.
- In this section, candidates will be examined based on their language and assessment skills.
Technical and Engineering Mathematics –
- There will be total of 55 questions in this section.
- Part A consists of 25 questions each carrying 1 mark.
- Part B consists of 30 questions each carrying 2 marks.
- In this section, Technical section will carry total of 70 marks and engineering mathematics section will carry total of 15 marks.
- In Engineering Mathematics, there are 7 question each carry 1 marks and 4 question each carry 2 marks.