- Title Delphi in Depth: FireDAC
- Author(s) Cary Jensen
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (May 10, 2017)
- Paperback : 556 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10 : 1546391274
- ISBN-13 : 978-1546391272
Book Description – Delphi in Depth by Cary Jensen
- Learn how to connect to a wide variety of databases.
- Optimize your connection configurations.
- Explore the world of indexes, searches, and filters.
- Discover the power of persisted datasets.
- Create flexible queries using macros and FireDAC scalar functions.
- Achieve blazing performance with Array DML.
- Master the art of cached updates.
- Add sophisticated features using Local SQL.
- Requires RAD Studio XE6 Professional or Delphi XE6 Professional or higher.
- Appropriate for novice to advanced Delphi database developers.
- More information is at http://www.JensenDataSystems.com/firedacbook/.
Delphi in Depth by Cary Jensen – Very detailed and practical, and with lots of useful and accurate background information. Worth reading again and again. Obviously the best source of information about Delphi and FireDAC. It’s easy to understand. I also recommend it to people considering an enterprise upgrade to a professional SKU (assuming that business SKUs lack FireDAC). The theme presentation is so clear and nuanced, that I don’t even need to use a computer with an instance of the IDE running.
FireDAC is the defacto database connectivity technology of choice for Delphi developers. Its flexibility, richness, performance are breathtaking. Carey describes this in her book using her own unique style. Its coverage is extensive, thorough but not at the cost of being top-notch so easy to read
About The Author
Cary Jensen is Chief Technology Officer of Jensen Data Systems, Inc., a Texas-based company that specializes in Internet and database development training and consulting, and winner of two Delphi Informant Magazine Readers Choice Awards for Best Training.
Carey is a writer and speaker for the Delphi Developer Days 2001–present symposium and workshop tours in the United States and Europe and was the author and speaker of the Advantage Developer Days seminars. A frequent speaker at conferences, workshops, and seminars around the world, he is widely regarded for his self-destructive humor and insightful approach to complex issues. Carey earned her Ph.D. in Engineering Psychology from Rice University, specializing in Human-Computer Interaction.