cracking the coding interview pdf download
- Title Cracking the Coding Interview
- Author(s) Gayle Laakmann McDowell
- Publisher: CareerCup; 6th edition (July 1, 2015)
- Pages: 687 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0984782869
- ISBN-13 : 978-0984782857
cracking the coding interview
Learn how to understand clues and hidden details in a question, how to break down a problem into manageable bits, how to unstick yourself when you get stuck, how to learn (or re-learn) key computer science topics, and practise on 189 interview questions and solutions.
She does not work as a recruiter. She works as a software developer. As a result, she understands what it’s like to be required to improvise great algorithms and then write immaculate code on a whiteboard. She’s been on both sides of the interview process, as a candidate and as an interviewer.
Cracking the Coding Interview, 6th Edition is here to guide you through the process, teaching you everything you need to know and allowing you to perform at your best. Hundreds of software engineers have been coached and interviewed by me. As a result, we have this book.
These are real interview questions, not ones from a computer science textbook. They represent what’s really being asked at the best organisations, so you’ll be fully prepared.
WHAT’S INSIDE? Cracking the Coding Interview pdf
- A step-by-step explanation of how to arrive at each solution so you can learn how to do it yourself.
- You’ll get tips on how to answer each of the 189 questions, just like you would in a real interview.
- Five tried-and-true ways for tackling algorithm questions, so you can solve problems you haven’t seen before.
- Coverage of important topics such as huge O time, data structures, and basic algorithms is extensive.
- A look at how major businesses like Google and Facebook hire developers from the inside.
- Behavioural questions are a great way to prepare for and ace the soft side of the interview.
- Details about what constitutes a successful interview question and the recruiting process for interviewers and organisations.
- 189 interview questions about programming, ranging from the fundamentals to the most difficult algorithm challenges.
About the Author
Gayle Laakmann McDowell is an author, consultant, and entrepreneur who focuses on making IT hiring easier for both interviewers and candidates.
Gayle has worked at Google, Microsoft, and Apple as an engineer. She most recently served on the Google hiring committee, where she interviewed and evaluated hundreds of individuals. She observed a gap between candidates, their skill sets, and their interview performance here.
Gayle has worked with many of the leading internet businesses to overhaul their hiring methods and establish interviewer training programmes through her company, CareerCup.
She is the author and creator of a number of best-selling books. Cracking the Coding Interview, Cracking the PM Interview (co-authored with Jackie Bavaro), Cracking the PM Career (co-authored with Jackie Bavaro), and Cracking the Tech Career are all part of the Cracking the Interview & Career series.
Gayle graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor’s and master’s degree in computer science, as well as an MBA from the Wharton School of Business.
She currently works from her home in Palo Alto, California, where she consults, writes, and codes. Gayle.com, twitter (@gayle), and Facebook (@gayle) are all places where you may find her online.