Title: Ada Programming (WikiBooks)
Author(s): Wikibooks Contributors
Publisher: CreateSpace (September 13, 2011), eBook (WikiBooks)
License(s): CC BY-SA 3.0
This latest book by Burns & Wellings answers these and other important questions about real-time systems. It provides an in-depth analysis of the requirements for designing and implementing real-time, embedded, cyber-physical systems, and discusses how these requirements are supported by the ADA programming language. No other book on real-time (or concurrent) programming covers the same breadth of material.
Topics covered in this book include:
- Definition of real-time, its essential features and desirable properties.
- Scheduling plans including fixed prioritization, early deadline first and cost-based scheduling.
- Analysis methods including response-time analysis and processor demand analysis.
- Introduction to the Ada Programming Language.
- Programming adaptive and predictable real-time systems in Ada.
- Programming reliable and fault-tolerant systems in Ada.
- Analysis and programming for multiprocessor and multicore platforms.
- mixed-key system
The book is aimed at final year and master’s students in computer science and related subjects. It is also written with professional software engineers and real-time systems engineers in mind. The material presented reflects the content of courses developed over many years by the authors at the University of York.
About The Author: