Ada for Software Engineers, 2nd Edition
- Author(s) Mordechai Ben-Ari
- Publisher: Springer; 2nd ed. edition (April 16, 2009); eBook (2005)
- Paperback: 524 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1848823134
- ISBN-13: 978-1848823136
Ada is the programming language of choice for high integrity software systems and is widely used in industries such as transportation and aerospace. Special features of the book include: object-oriented programming, concurrency, and an emphasis on embedded and real-time systems. The Ada Reference Manual (ARM) explains the terminology of the Ada Language Concepts and Standard Document for Software Engineers. Extracts from ARM are used throughout and there are extensive cross-references to ARM. A comprehensive glossary and technical quiz help the reader develop the ability to use the ARM as a practical reference. Comparisons are made to familiar languages like C and Java to facilitate the transition to Ada. The features of Ada 2005 are used regularly, but they are carefully identified so that even programmers using Ada 95 will find the textbook useful. The companion website has the complete source code of about 100 case studies and 100 technical quizzes.
- Language construction is taught in the context of larger case studies such as discrete event simulation.
- Emphasis is placed on object-oriented programming, concurrency, and embedded and real-time systems.
- Explains the terminology of the Ada language concepts and standard document, the Ada Reference Manual (ARM) for Software Engineers.
- Extracts from ARM are used and there are extensive cross references for ARM. A comprehensive glossary and quizzes help the reader develop the ability to use the ARM as a practical reference.
- Comparison with familiar languages such as C and Java is provided to facilitate the transition to Ada.
- Features of Ada 2005 are regularly used, but carefully identified, so that even programmers using Ada 95 will find the textbook useful.
- The companion website has the complete source code of about 100 case studies and 100 technical quizzes.
About the Authors
Pro. Ben-Ari has taught Ada to university students and professional programmers for 15 years. He has published four previous textbooks, including Understanding Programming Languages (Wiley) and the widely used Principles of Concurrent and Distributed Programming (Prentice-Hall).
Reviews, Ratings, and Recommendations:
Read and Download Links: