A Textbook of Thermal Engineering:
Author: R.S. Khurmi
Publisher: S Chand
About the Author:-
A Textbook of Thermal Engineering – R S. Khurmi: He was born on 29 August 1939 in Sunam, a small town in Punjab. He did his schooling in Sunam and then he completed his professional studies from Phagwara and Delhi. He started his career as an engineer in the Punjab Irrigation Department. Following the guidance of Professor Das of Chandigarh Engineering College, Drs. Khurmi came to Delhi and pursued teaching and writing engineering textbooks as a full-time career. His mentor Mr. B.L. Theraja, who gave him s. Introduced to Chand and Company. His books found a good market not only in India but also abroad. According to a UNESCO survey, he is a pioneer and No. 1 author of engineering textbooks in Asia. He wrote his first book when he was just 26 years old. People in the teaching profession have always said that Khurmi has revolutionized the way of writing engineering textbooks. He was one of the founding members of the Executive Committee of the Afro-Asia Book Council.
About This Book:
A textbook of thermal engineering “covers all the principles of the subject so it is a must-read for all students of mechanical engineering. General thermodynamic relationships and variables specific heat as well as turbines (m-pulse, reactance) and air compressors such as The topics have been dealt with in detail.
In addition, to complete topical coverage, several solved examples and chapter-end exercises and questions have been added so that students can understand all aspects of the concepts explained. A book that has witnessed, foreshadowed and included changes in the subject for close to 40 years, it is one of the most sought after texts by students.
- Divided in 40 chapters, the text amply explains every concept of the subject.
- Close to 850 examples, figures and tables aid to the concepts explained.
- More than 1000 chapter-end questions (objective and subjective) and exercises add to the practice of the students.
Table of Content :
- Properties Of Perfect Gases
- Thermodynamic Processes Of Perfect Gases
- Entropy Of Perfect Gases
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Thermodynamic Air Cycles
- Formation And Properties Of Steam
- Entropy Of Steam
- Thermodynamic Processes Of Vapour
- Thermodynamic Vapour Cycles
- Combustion Of Fuels
- Steam Boilers
- Boiler Mountings And Accessories
- Performance Of Steam Boilers
- Boiler Draught
- Simple Steam Engines
- Compound Steam Engines
- Performance Of Steam Engines
- Steam Condensers
- Steam Nozzles
- M-pulse Turbines
- Reaction Turbines
- Performance Of Steam Turbines
- Modern Steam Turbines
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Testing Of Internal Combustion Engines
- Reciprocating Air Compressors
- Rotary Air Compressors
- Performance of Air Compressors
- Air Motors
- Gas Turbines
- Performance Of Gas Turbines
- Introduction To Heat Transfer
- Air Refrigeration Cycles
- Vapour Compression Refrigeration System
- Air Conditioning Systems
- General Thermodynamic Relations
- Variable specific Heat