A Textbook of Engineering Mechanics by R. S. Khurmi:
Author: R. S. Khurmi, N. Khurmi
Publisher: S Chand Publishing
About The Author:
A Textbook of Engineering Mechanics – He was born on 29 August 1939 in Sunam, a small town in Punjab. He did his schooling in Sunam and then he completed his professional studies from Phagwara and Delhi. He started his career as an engineer in the Punjab Irrigation Department. Following the guidance of Professor Das of Chandigarh Engineering College, Drs. Khurmi came to Delhi and adopted Teaching and Writing Engineering Text Books as a full-time career. His mentor Mr. B.L. Theraja, who gave him s. Introduced to Chand and Company. His books found a good market not only in India but also abroad. According to a UNESCO survey, he is a pioneer and No. 1 author of engineering textbooks in Asia. He wrote his first book when he was just 26 years old. People in the teaching profession have always said that Khurmi has revolutionized the way of writing engineering text books.
About This Book:
“A Textbook of Engineering Mechanics” is a must for all engineering students as it is an engagingly written textbook on the subject with helpful explanations with simple to understand examples. Moments and their applications, Inertia, Motion (Law, Harmony and Connected Bodies), Kinetics of Motion of Rotation as well as important concepts like Work, Power and Energy are easily explained to the learner to complete the subject. Get it like that A book that has covered subject changes for 50 years, it is one of the most sought-after texts by students.
- 37 chapters evenly explain all major theories of the subject.
- Six New Chapters on “Pappus – Guldinus Theorem”, “Product of
- Inertia”, “Vibrations”, “Rectangular and Cylindrical Coordinate System in Dynamics”, “Work-Energy Method” and “Forces in Space (In Vector Form)”
- More than 1000 figures and examples aid to the concepts explained.
- More than 750 in-text exercise and chapter-end questions for practice.